The Sensphere social platform is a SaaS solution for social networks.
KWICK! is one of the top 5 social communities in Germany (IVW). Design flexibility and individualism are the main targets for user profile development. KWICK! helps people to connect easy and fast – no matter if one wants to meet new people or stay connected to friends. Security is obligatory and proofed by the german TÜV.
Kiwibox is a Teenager Social Network based in New York with more than one Million Members. It was founded in 1999 and targets specifically towards young men and women. Kiwibox is what happens when a hip online magazine meets a modern social networking community full of fun, games, contests and forums.
Some of the challenges encountered while working on the Sensphere social platform
– Invent a multi-language framework to launch the platform in more than just one language
– Build a data abstraction layer to handle all data sources in the same way (MySQL DB, Redis, MogileFS, …)
– Optimization of sphinx search for result relevance and performance
– Integration and maintenance of comet solution Pushup, Shockwave client added
– Integration, extension and maintenance of TinyMCE as editing solution for blog entries, forum posts, etc.
Comet Solution: Pushup
Job queue: Gearman
Image Storage: MogileFS